Hijacked by Billionaires: How the Super Rich Buy Elections to Undermine Public Schools.
On September 10, 2018, the Network for Public Education (NPE) released a valuable report years in the making, Hijacked by Billionaires: How the Super Rich Buy Elections to Undermine Public Schools.
The full report is 103 pages long and includes 9 case studies that are accompanied by 10 interactive maps (two for Louisiana):
- Newark, New Jersey: New York Billionaires Flood a New Jersey Mayoral Election with Cash (map)
- Washington State: Charter Advocates Refuse to Take “No” for an Answer (map)
- Los Angeles, California: Charter Advocates Buy Majority Board Control (map)
- Perth Amboy, New Jersey: Big Money Floods a Small School Board Race (map)
- Louisiana: Jeb Bush Calls and Billionaire Dollars Follow (map1 and map2)
- Rhode Island: Anti-Pension Texas Billionaire a Major Player in Rhode Island Governor’s Race (map)
- Minneapolis, Minnesota:…
View original post 1,005 more words