RSS

ProPublica: How Teach for America Became An Arm of the Charter School Movement

19 Jun

TFA is a tool the Walmart Walton family uses in their subversion to take over the United States.

Diane Ravitch's blog

ProPublica reports on its investigation of the funding and mission of Teach for America, in which it discovered that TFA is an arm of the charter movement, which aims to replace public schools with non-union private charter school.

This is an eye-popping article, an exemplar of investigative reporting.

It begins:

When the Walton Family Foundation announced in 2013 that it was donating $20 million to Teach For America to recruit and train nearly 4,000 teachers for low-income schools, its press release did not reveal the unusual terms for the grant.

Documents obtained by ProPublica show that the foundation, a staunch supporter of school choice and Teach For America’s largest private funder, was paying $4,000 for every teacher placed in a traditional public school — and $6,000 for every one placed in a charter school. The two-year grantwas directed at nine cities where charter schools were sprouting up, including New…

View original post 198 more words

Advertisements

33 Comments

Posted by on June 19, 2019 in Uncategorized

33 responses to “ProPublica: How Teach for America Became An Arm of the Charter School Movement

1. reibelcastillo

June 19, 2019 at 16:42

Lloyd the world and Propublica need many people like you but many it’s sad that the world don’t want understand this !

June 19, 2019 at 18:33

2. reibelcastillo

June 19, 2019 at 17:45

Lloyd is like those excellent peoples that came from Cuba after 1959 people that expose the truth , those people where not allowed to goes back to Cuba because they said that Castro’s was a Dictator I agreed and I was interviewed by an Spanish television Channel and I told that Castro was as greedy as Trump as worst as trump and if I get kick out from here is because I stay saying that Trump is a Dictator and WALMART it’s a greedy who should realize that money is a problem. Trump could take everything from Walmart and from everyone as Castro did , if you don’t believe me ask to Jose Pepe Fanjul is a great person a Cuban American with heart . I’m from Florida , I love the freedom I was treated bad in Cuba and I been treated bad here because I told what I think it’s true!

June 19, 2019 at 18:35

People like Trump and Castro, for example, don’t care what anyone else things. The power they have turns their ability to reason to cow dung.

June 19, 2019 at 22:11

People like Trump and Castro, for example, don’t care what anyone else things. The power they have turns their ability to reason to cow dung ,regarding this to source * before post from you Lloyd ; The reasons why about 40 percent of the people don’t seem to care is different across the spectrum.

60 years after Castro got the power people are still thinking wrong but today I’m America what the spectrum has is similar when Castro get into the control 1959 .
        America population isn’t small as Cuba populations but Russia population more than hundred and fifty millions people now confused and in the spectrums that is not much they can’t do , tells everyone that I said 2020 elections could be the last one legitimately elections , by the way trump won not the power clear , Russia interference did. What others say is up to them what the fact is what you knows Lloyd , Lloyd I told you this because you never has been told me nothing wrong regarding trump , I’m pretty sure 100 % sure that not many knew what you had before trump won , if people understand the mistake of vote blain or vote by routine is not as simple as it sounds it’s deeper my dear friend , I group up inside a Dictatorship and knew what it’s a suffering from no freedom of nothing . I called Cuba the Alcatraz of the Caribbean, I love San Francisco but I can’t afford the travel yet , I’m tired of red and I’m tired of Florida

3. reibelcastillo

June 19, 2019 at 17:48

MISTAKES ARE PROVE THAT THEY ARE TRYING.

June 22, 2019 at 09:02

Who is trying — TFA?

June 22, 2019 at 21:11

In order to be considered for admission to the TFA corps, you must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 and U.S. citizenship, national/legal resident status, or be a DACA recipient.

Lloyd Down here this city is trying TFA . Have hear about Hialeah Education Academic . Inc , the city hall running by the Chair of member as well the Principal and some more crooked has declare the war to anyone who said something bad about them , they said nobody can stop their tigers refereeing to their lawyers of course , corruption and abuse of power , they are spreading their tentáculos to California, Carlos Alvarez’s it’s meeting people at your state , and given speeches about charters , you don’t want those crooked in the blue stare , I told them California it’s retuning better way no bunch way , it’s a crime to say that CVD is bad and any person or student that said that California it’s better state better stop saying that or will be force to move to California it’s an angry mom that said that the principal it’s always drunk snd bullying the democracy, that women said she got a big business she want to put all the money to support TFA , the things it’s I never was told that everyone who don’t like cheaters will be informed that I’m the most honest person telling the truth about chatters , to many people calling me to do something to protect their children’s I told the Principal he better stop those abuse or someone will stop him , this individual need to be fired and stop hiring people from others country’s those country’s are nothing but dictatorship. Those are Trying TFA .

June 23, 2019 at 09:11

How Teach for America Evolved Into an Arm of the Charter School Movement

June 22, 2019 at 21:19

I’m tired of those crookedness it’s true that Diane is not slowed to do an speech down here if someone paid for the expense? Wow I listen an beautiful speech from Diane at California but Florida , Dade county need to hear from you guys too , not many people here knows that Charters are trying and failing and still trying , it’s clear I’m tired from revive letters recruitment to my daughter, Lloyd this a crap state and county , what it’s wrong with the hell state ( sunshine state ,

June 23, 2019 at 09:09

The League of Women Voters of Florida is fighting back against charter schools.

Click the link and read their report and discover what they are doing.

Then there is Pastors for Children. They started fighting for the public school in Texas and are now spreading to other states after a string of victories in Texas that stopped or slowed up the charter industry there. If Pastors for Children launches a branch of their organization in Florida, then there will be two forces at work in that state fighting the corrupt Corporate Charter School Industry. Florida Women and the Pastors in Florida

June 23, 2019 at 13:46

Thanks Lloyd you always helping the justices no matter what, thanks for help us and May God bless you dear Lloyd . Have a great day !

June 23, 2019 at 14:09

You are welcome. Each day is a great day. Live life without anger.

June 23, 2019 at 14:14

Thanks Lloyd , you replay with wisdom you are Kind and you know that it’s hard be inside enemies and happy at the same time , specially when they have hurt your heart, your life your family. I’m going to keep in my what you just told me .

“EACH DAY IS A GREAT DAY , LIVE IS WITHOUT ANGER “
        Thanks Lloyd

June 23, 2019 at 14:24

Sun Tzu who wrote “The Art of War” more than 2,000 years ago, wrote, “know your enemies better than you know yourself.”

To discover the enemies weaknesses we must observe from a place of strength, and anger steals our strength to do that and it blindfolds us.

You do not have to love them. Just get to know them. Smile. Shake their hands. Then let cold logic without anger guide you to form a plan that will defeat then totally and without remorse.

June 23, 2019 at 16:20

Lloyd I’m sorry because I’m been so long with out expose more crimes than Chatters leaders are still doing the reason I stop was that they treated me to the point where I feel insecure because my family had been treated like for example my son was told that I’m going to be kill if I don’t stop complain agains Hiealeah Education Academy. Inc the Mayor city and the Principal are building mansion and running Jaguars with the money that tax-payer want to know where they get from, long history short I made they think that my complain was over but is not over until is over ,now there is an investigation open between FBI/ Colet Papa defense lawyer / Steve Rosie ? My ex- lawyer who backed up for fear and keep the money I had safe for my Children’s if FBI from Miami is doing not what they should Washinton will do a better Job , the Miami state attorney has her hands tied by someone in this state , or she don’t want do what she should, the only person I told her team that I hate children abuse was me I don’t fear them I just want to tell you this city is a taverna of Crocked because if I don’t want to play or exercise on public parks because I syed the city and his charter them it’s time to tell them if they don’t paid me what they owns me the feds maybe could force them to paid me it’s up to the feds ir up to my knowledge it’s time to visit the city hall with a good lawyer and good proves , Lloyd many people are moving from here because greed’s are controlling everything but no me , I don’t exchange mensajes with not many as well I don’t said thanks to only a few one of them is you and God because of God and you I still on my claim , Ernest Hemingway said live it’s easy to a person who got nothing to lose.

Lloyd it’s like the time coming when freedom of speech will be taken !

June 23, 2019 at 19:13

My suggestion is not to confront criminals and con men. That is dangerous. They have no morals and no conscience — just like Criminal #1 in the White House..

Instead, if you want to do something, see if you can contact Preachers for Children in Texas and ask them what you can do in Florida to help them recruit pastors there to join their organization.

June 24, 2019 at 15:01

Thanks Lloyd your right it’s not smart confront criminals, it’s a wise avise .

June 24, 2019 at 15:03

Lloyd what is this ? Could be possible ? That is nothing compare what the polices do to me because I sue the Hiealeah Education Academy. Inc . City Schooll mayor and Principal Carlos, Carlos ! I don’t let police walk around me ether

June 25, 2019 at 10:29

Twitter – If that Twitter account bothers you, block it. Trump uses Twitter to bully and lie all the time. Anything you read or see on Twitter and Facebook and probably other social media sites cannot be trusted.

June 25, 2019 at 12:03

Thanks Lloyd I really appreciate it . Have a nice day Lloyd ! You told me once the future is bleak and it’s my dear friend , the media 90 % is controlled by the six lagers Corporations and Twitter and facebooks is untreated , Wow . Sad when the media loss the trust things get soon or later under control .

June 25, 2019 at 16:51

A few hundred years after the collapse of civilization caused by Gates, Waltons, ALEC, Koch brothers, et al, the cycle will start over again and it will be good for 50 to 100 years before the next batch of vampire villains destroys it all again.

June 25, 2019 at 17:00

Lloyd the circle of my life .
        Born inside the Dictatorship, I became a defector , I can’t see my family and still I need to moving on , Thanks for tell the truth and your right , greedy’s and ungrateful people don’t life forever , there is nothing good they have to teach , what have done those individuals for the world ? Never been defending any country they don’t have flag it’s like don’t have heart , they run as cowards as soon if they were going to war . They born for be softer and they army are the money out it’s the heart .

June 23, 2019 at 16:28

Lloyd I want to tell you thanks thousands times because you are always the same , real people never change , people of your era are so special and rare to find that I’m a blessed , I was told I should not sued those individuals and I should regretted ? Just a question , regretted meaning ?

June 24, 2019 at 09:46

re·gret
        /rəˈɡret/
        Learn to pronounce
        verb
        verb: regret; 3rd person present: regrets; past tense: regretted; past participle: regretted; gerund or present participle: regretting

feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity).
        “she immediately regretted her words”
        synonyms: be sorry about, feel contrite about, feel apologetic about, feel remorse about/for, be remorseful about, rue, repent (of), feel repentant about, be regretful at/about, have a conscience about, blame oneself for More
        “they may come to regret their decision”
        mourn, grieve for/over, feel grief at, weep over, sigh over, fret about, pine over;
        feel sad about, be regretful at/about, lament, feel sorrow at, sorrow for, be upset/disappointed about, deplore
        “it made him regret the passing of his youth”
        antonyms: applaud, welcome
        used in polite formulas to express apology for or sadness over something unfortunate or unpleasant.
        “any inconvenience to readers is regretted”
        archaic
        feel sorrow for the loss or absence of (something pleasant).
        “my home, when shall I cease to regret you!”

noun
        noun: regret; plural noun: regrets

a feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done.
        “she expressed her regret at Virginia’s death”

synonyms: remorse, sorrow, contrition, contriteness, repentance, penitence, pangs of conscience, guilt, compunction, remorsefulness, ruefulness, shame, self-reproach, self-accusation, self-condemnation; More
        raresorriness

June 24, 2019 at 14:59

Loyd thanks for replay to this it’s amazing,
        A very deep description exactly very deep , Lloyd no one has told you you got a brillar main ? I got to tell you you are a ginus but very Kind and polite ! I can’t have a conversation with you because I’m not very well educated person , you do ! your knowledge it’s huge my it’s little ! People like you born one in every more than billions I told what I think it’s truth you are what you are ! Thanks Lloyd !

June 24, 2019 at 14:02

Lloyd good afternoon , Texas is a huge but I told yesterday night at Don Shulas’s Hotel to 3 Texas men’s from Texas that stop talking trash Againts California it’s unbelievable they believe because got to many weapons are superior to California I never hear something like that ever before in America I told them you better stop thinking that Trump it’s good because he is the Problem, I told that cause I never seen a division like that . At the end of the conversation they realize I was trying to United no divide because you told me hate it’s not good. Thanks God and you I don’t swim at them or ever worse , I told them California it’s a blue state , I love peace Lloyd but people are unpredictable my friend, it’s hard to believe this is not the America I came 26 years ago . Sad Lloyd , Enjoy San Francisco and you are right it’s better stay learning at home and teaching good things as you as Diane do that promote hate , those gentlemen’s are proud to fight for Texas , that was insane what one of them said , he said that Texas is a country , I replay Florida too but Cuba and Prussia has influence the way you guys are thinking thinking red , civil war it’s not good my FRINDS and I walk away! Lloyd thanks for teaching me that peaceful it’s better!
        I can’t believe was something pretty ogle , Texas got 27 millions population and how many weapons? More weapons than people? More hate than love ? It’s like that ? I been in California I never been in Texas , I been in New York, South Carolina, and others states but I think Texas it’s not for me , take care Lloyd !

June 24, 2019 at 14:22

This year Texas became a minority-majority state. That means Caucasians are now outnumbered by minorities.

“According to demographic data released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau, 55.2 percent of Texas’ 2011 population was of a race other than non-Hispanic white, making it one of five “minority-majority” states in the nation.”

And the cities in Texas are liberal compared to rural areas.

If you click the next link, you will learn where the Republican Party does not rule in Texas: Cities of Fort Worth, Dallas, El Paso, San Antonio, Auston, Houston and the Southern tip of Texas west of and below Corpus Christi. These are the counties/cities that voted in Democrats.

Just stay away from the RED counties.

June 24, 2019 at 14:37

Thanks Lloyd.

June 26, 2019 at 15:14

Lloyd good afternoon I hope your doing well , I’m doing some traseches and I don’t have the knowledge and capacity you have as well this is the only via I exchange information with you , I can’t forget you was the first Person who replayed when I was searching and telling the sad things that happened to my Children’s in the Charter Schooll I sued , I considered you more as a friend you became as my family because you always are been there when I was under pressure looking information to defending myself as well my Children’s from those institutions, 5 years ago I told the Principal of the Charter as well the city Mayor that what they allowed to do to my Children’s the nation will know and you Diane and others people did a lot more that I was expecting , Lloyd it’s time to move out to another place, State , I’m sorry if I never told you that I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder I know you are understanding and Kind person proved , Lloyd I get my disability check from Florida, I don’t want move to an state where the government it’s not running those benefits the way was 10 years ago or before , I would like to chose an State where the weather don’t interfere with my stay of mom , Cold States are not Recomended for person with my disorder, California it’s an state with the type of climate of Florida , Texas I don’t like it because it’s an red State I been before in California I like California as the best blue State , I want to stay there for a wile if things are easier regarding the SSI ,etc , I chose to move alone until I can be able to move my family with me , I don’t have much time to waist because it’s time to start over farm way from where individuals who I exposed as Principal of the Charter etc , I was told for a good friend of my ex- Mayor that I should move from here because what I exposed was like the Insider Movie ( you Recomended that movie like 4 years ago I saw it and fix it I mean a lot of things similars , Thanks!
        Lloyd where can. I find the most accurate information as a link that could help me to made the best move , I know San Francisco it’s expensive, I got some save money plus my SSI check as well I can work and made no more than 17 K a year .
        Lloyd is the only via I have to ask for your advice , Sorry as you told me 70 % of the people meet each other only via internet and you became my Frind trough this via , Lloyd I speak English, I can read pretty good but San Francisco it’s good to move ? I’m don’t want stay more here in Florida, I want study to be able to do my wed properly and keep helping as much I want to anyone who need helps regarding Reformers , those individuals changed the course of my life , it’s hard but Help me Howard it’s why I need . Help me Lloyd , you have done a lot for me and I appreciate if you don’t get uncomfortable with what I asked you , everything started and it’s now where I’m because Reformers destroyed my family I want bring as much information I could wherever I goes but I’ll never stop telling what they did to me and se doing to the Children’s of America.
        Take care Lloyd it’s nothing harder when you got to immigrate because Dictatorship forced you and I chose stay away from them , you are Kind and always are helped by good information and you always are the same person for you those Reformers are what they are !

June 24, 2019 at 14:17

Lloyd , we need to pray for God kingdom is only the solution, I born in this era , I don’t fix it here , I remember that my dad told me back in the days respect mandatory retirement for older people and everyone I had seen my dad anymore because I can’t go back to Cuba because I’m a defector I love my dad , I’m so glad that God let me exchange message with people like you , you have teach me a lot , you have done a lot for this country, you have told the truth back to back about Putin and Evils Dictators , it’s time to let others know that it’s better learn then take L away
        Learn
        -EARN. 👍☝️

June 24, 2019 at 14:34

I talk to God. I don’t pray to Him. And I try and never ask God for anything that I think I need. I might tell Him what I want but that never has anything to do with money.

June 24, 2019 at 14:38

Money it’s the root of evils that is what has changed our Schooll sistem , lovers of money are evils Lloyd ,